Pillar of Social Responsibility
Saint-Gobain Grants Program is an opportunity to make your creative and innovative ideas that provide a fresh perspective to existing systems a reality with the assistance of up to 1 lakh rupees.
To be eligible for the grant, your proposals must be a part of at least one of the 5 pillars championed by the Saint-Gobain Grants Program. This blog will focus on The Pillar of Soical Responsibility. This pillar corresponds to Socially responsible projects in the domain of architecture, construction, and design; Community-based interventions to solve issues directly affecting them. We’re giving you access to past proposals in this pillar to help you understand how to submit a successful idea.
If you are seeking support to fulfill your research, develop prototypes or simply develop your ideas, Saint-Gobain Grants Program is just what you have been looking for! Register for the Grant and submit your application by the 10th of February! Register here:
You can also join our WhatsApp group “Ethos Fellowship & Grants” for mentorship opportunities: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Ew0xsSQYYzH2z1sBKOYWuJ
The projects executed under this pillar include Chavani- shelter for farmers and animals, Bosco Boys Home Renovation, Fishery waste recycling and management, Amphibious transit shelters, Transit shelters, Affordable Sustainable Housing for Communities in Crisis, Placeover (place+discover), Pilanji Resurgent, Rest Cart, Schools Aligarh, Medium, and Tanki
You can find some of the project proposals below:
- Shaurya Chauhan Pilanji Resurgent –Urban Villages- an oxymoron?
- Mallika Gupta + Sagar Sisodia Schools Aligarh: A space for empowering street connected children through education.
You can register too for this Pillar of the Saint- Gobain grant if you have an idea that corresponds to Socially responsible projects in the domain of architecture, construction, and design; Community-based interventions to solve issues directly affecting them.! Here is the link to submit your path breaking idea: https://ethosempowers.com/arcause/sggrants2022
An example below illustrates a successful application;
Sustainable and Decentralised WASH Mechanisms within Marginalized Informal Settlements in Mumbai
Anushka Shahdadpuri – Saint Gobain Scholarship 2021-22
Read our full report at : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OurXaA2DOo1ZviUMVoj9QI5L29cDAmij/view
Result and Plan of Action:
The Saint-Gobain Grants also has 4 other Pillars that can align with your grant-winning idea!
Check them out to understand where your idea fits in.
1. The Pillar of Social Responsibility: Socially responsible projects in the domain of architecture, construction, and design; Community-based interventions to solve issues directly affecting them.
2. The Pillar of Socio-Cultural Realm: Current socio-cultural issues; live interventions that have a socio-cultural impact; Heritage impact and awareness; documentation and conservation can also be considered.
3. The Pillar of Digital Technology and Innovation: Innovative digital ideas/initiatives related to architecture, construction, and design that can bring change the way we work
4. The Pillar of New Products, Materials, and Building Technology: Innovation in the form of a new product, material, and/or building technology with respect to architecture, construction, and design.
Once you have a great idea that is a part of one or more pillars, register for the Saint-Gobain grant at https://ethosempowers.com/arcause/sggrants2022 and win a chance to make your innovative idea a reality with the assistance of up to 1 lakh rupees